Sunday, February 10, 2008

Matthew, MRIs and Morning Sickness

Last week Matthew injured him arm when he tried to throw a chair at Rebeckah (yes we have a lovely family, don't we?). According to Rebeckah (I wasn't in the room at the time), he picked up the chair and dropped it quickly and started screaming and crying. We thought he was being overly dramatic at first but two days later his upper arm started to swell.

Chris took him to the doctor and had x-rays done to see what was going on with his arm. The doctor looked at the x-ray and said it is broken and he needs to see an orthopedist right away. When the orthopedist looked at the x-ray, he said that Matthew has a bone cyst. He said bone cysts are fairly common and they are usually benign.

Tomorrow Matthew has an MRI to find out more about this cyst. His orthopedist will email his x-rays and MRI to specialists in Dallas and confer with them. We then go back on Thursday to find out what all of this means and what we are to do next.

As far as this pregnancy goes, the morning sickness has started to kick in this past week. I was very blessed with my first four pregnancies and didn’t have any morning sickness. With my fifth pregnancy, I had morning and evening sickness. This time around I am somewhere in between. It isn’t striking in the morning though, it is hitting me around supper time. It makes for crazy evenings.

Smells are also driving me crazy! I had the hardest time the other day grocery shopping, there were so many smells it was making me nauseous. Rebeckah just laughs at me every time I say “Eww…what is that SMELL!?!?” It seems I am the only one that can smell these mysterious smells.

Here is what my precious little boy did the other day:
I am thankful he didn't get any nail polish anywhere except for on his toes! He is so proud of his purple toes.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I pray you get some concrete answers for Matthew and get him on the road to recovery. And hopefully your evening sickness won't last long. Sean is so funny!