Hannah's birthday was on the 21st, but it was celebrated for three days. The day before her birthday we took cupcakes to her school to share with her class. We also gave her one of her gifts that night...the High School Musical 2 soundtrack.
The kids singing "Happy Birthday" to Hannah.
The boys with Justin and Ryan.
We also heard from Chris' brother, Steve, over Thanksgiving weekend. Here is what he wrote:Things are pretty high tempo here. I have 14 people working for me 6 days a week with 12 hour shifts. They handle it pretty well and I am hoping the pace slows down in the future. As for me I have everything I need and it is a lot more comfortable than the last time I deployed. I have my own living area to myself. My lower enlisted have to double up for 15 months which is a bummer but they will survive. Take care and keep the soldiers and their families in your prayers, they are the ones who really need it. Some of them come in pretty banged up or dead and will have to live with the trauma for the rest of their lives. Sorry to end on a sad note but I want people to realize that terrible things happen here on a daily basis. Before I left it seemed like the war was getting less and less media attention and more was placed on Brittney Spears. -Steve
Here is a bonus video......Justin singing karaoke!




2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday, Hannah! It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving. It's good to hear from a soldier...even if the news is very sad. They are all in my prayers.
I've finally caught up on your blog and I love the video of Justin! Also the picture of your dad's butt!!
Lisa
Post a Comment